As we discussed in our previous blogs, pregnancy is a life-changing moment for a women and those close to her regardless of age. It can be overwhelming and often abortion seems like the only option. Abortion can have long term emotional, physical, psychological, and spiritual effects that last well beyond the procedure. To be better informed includes looking at the other choices thoroughly before you make any decisions for your future and the future of your baby.
Let us help you look at other choices. You can choose to parent or perhaps, make an adoption plan. We will explore alternative choices to abortion in this series and will help you answer questions like the ones below.
- Am I really ready to be a parent?
- If I do parent my baby, what support is available?
- How will carrying my baby to term impact my life during my pregnancy and after?
- What happens after I have my baby?
- How does adoption really work?
- What are my rights if I choose adoption?
- What about the baby's father? What are his rights?
- What are some adoption agencies?
- Does it cost money?
- How can I be sure my baby will have a good adoptive family?
Remember, the Southern Tier Pregnancy Resource Center has a variety of resources available as well as qualified peer-counselors to help you become better informed about the answers to these questions and other questions you might have. We are here to give the support you need and our services are kept confidential. We are here to help you. Contact us today for an appointment.